Sunday 13 January 2019

Day 6

My first weekend without drinking.  Friday night was ok, I was busy trying to finish off my assignment for college so I was busy.  Last night after college was a bit hard, all I wanted to do was come home, put my feet up and have a drink!  My usual routine.  But instead I took my son shopping.  I was going to buy some alcohol free beer, but in talking with my son and walking round the shops I forgot all about it.  Driving home I realised the only days I would be driving around so late (7pm) before would have been because we had no wine at home, and I had to go out and buy some.  Now I could drive around because I am alcohol free.  It was quite liberating really to not have to worry about making sure we had wine at home!    

I am trying really hard not to give myself a get out of jail free card, what's the point if I do that.  Then I have given myself licence to fail.  So no, I am not going to drink for 100 days.  

I am sitting here on Sunday it's nearly 4 pm and I was just wishing for a drink.  Instead I have sat down with some chocolate.  I should be trying to cut down on the amount of rubbish that I eat, but I am not going to be hard on myself today.  I have given up drinking and smoking, so for now the chocolate has to stay.    


No comments:

Post a Comment